Abbay Education Child Protection Policy
Abbay Education fully recognises its responsibilities for child protection. Our policy applies to all staff and candidate working with us. There are five main elements to our policy:
- Ensuring we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff to work with children.
- Raising awareness of child protection issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
- Developing and then implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse.
- Supporting pupils who have been abused in accordance with his/her agreed child protection plan.
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
We recognise that because of the day to day contact with children, school staff are well placed to observe the outward signs of abuse. Abbay Education staff will therefore:
- Establish and maintain an environment where children feel secure, are encouraged to talk, and are listened to.
- Ensure children know that they can approach Abbay Education staff if they are worried.
We have followed the procedures set out by the Child Protection Policy and take account of guidance issued by the Department for Education and Skills to:
- have a designated senior staff for child protection issues who has received appropriate training and support for this role.
- ensure all our clients knows the name of the designated staff responsible for child protection issues.
- ensure all our staff are alert to signs of abuse and refer any concerns to the designated person responsible for child protection in our schools.
- follow school’s procedures where an allegation is made against a child.
- Ensure safe recruitment practices are always followed.
We recognise that children who are abused or witness violence may find it difficult to develop a sense of self worth. They may feel helplessness, humiliation and some sense of blame.
Visit our website at www.AbbayEducation.com for jobs for teachers. Click on the 'International school' link for jobs for teachers in Abu Dhabi, Thailand and other locations with international schools.