We conduct face-to-face interviews with all our candidates to ensuring that we understand their individual's needs to help us find the most suitable post for them. We reference all of our staff and we do a full enhanced DBS (CRB) checks on our staff. We are fully committed to the safeguarding of children and young people and carry out full vetting on all of our staff.
The requirements that are set out in the DfE document Keeping Children Safe in Education are fully incorporated in Abbey Education recruitment policy.
We complete the following vetting procedures:
- Face to face interview with all applicant
- Full employment history checks
- Minimum of two references
- Identity checks in line with the DBS regulations
- Proof of Qualifications/Teaching Agency Checks
- Overseas police check (where applicable)
- Enhanced DBS Check
- List 99 check
- Proof of National Insurance Number
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Medical Check - confirmation that candidate is medically fit to work in an education setting
All candidates are fully interviewed to ensure they are suitable to work with children and young people.
Below are some useful document, which we recommend for our potential candidates to read.
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Behaviour and discipline in schools
- Teachers’ standards
- Keeping children Safe in Education – Supplementary Advice
- Disqualification Declaration
- Applying to waive disqualification
- Education Safeguarding Booklet
Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006
Visit our website at www.AbbayEducation.com for jobs for teachers. Click on the 'International school' link for jobs for teachers in Abu Dhabi, Thailand and other international schools locations.